Sunday, February 26, 2006

Which countries have you visited?

I stumbled over the site from a Dutch guy called Douwe Osinga, who now lives and works in Zurich for Google. He has published a couple of really cool projects based on Google's API, and beyond.

Most "useful" to me is his project on visited countries, where I can depict the countries which I have visited. What it does, it creates a bi-colored gif by calling this URL with the parameter

?visited=CAUSSVGTMXNIARBRCLCOPEEGATBEDKFIFRDEHUISITNL
NOPTESSECHUKVAILTRAFKHCNINIDJPLAMYMMSGKRTWTHVNAUNZ

which is "just" a sequence of the two-letter Internet domain names of the countries that I have visited (CA = Canada, US = USA, and so on).

I will keep the result on the right margin of this blog and update it when I have visited new countries.

Oh, and I have visited 47 countries so far. You can see, that I am skewed towards Western Europe, the Americas and Asia. It's time to look into Africa, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home